Friday, 17 July 2015

Location Shots

Location shots are used to show the pre planned settings for the film. The pictures are taken from the exact location where I will be filming but they are not the correct time of day or even have the right aspects of mise-en-scene for my particular film but that will all be pointed out.
This is a shot showing the view from the back of the door, I will have this as the beginning shot showing someone is at the back door first then as it opens I will cut inside the house then once they have walked past I will cutback to this shot showing them leaving the door open and walking around the corner. I will not have the mat down as I will be putting mud on the bottom of the boots he is wearing to make footsteps and you will just see a close up of the gun in his hand. After this it will cut to a shot of her in the shower and it will be silent.

This shot will be used in the second scene it is a shot of the back door which in the second scene will show the intruder coming through this door in a slow dramatic, tension building manor. I am using this scene as it is shown in a lot of different films especially taken which is my main film that has been used to inspire my idea so I feel it is best fit if I use this scene. It is a quiet setting, I will have nothing on the sides showing the back door it will be empty, the lights will be off but the oven will be on generating the light but if it is too dark then I will put the light on in the other room so its not bright and still looks mysterious.

This shot will be showing the dining area, it will show the intruder walking past the corner of the ceiling they will then pass that point and wait there, he will cover the camera as if it is a CCTV camera then you hear a gun shot and a glass smash. The cut will then go to the table where there is smashed glass and things on there and just show that for a few seconds so the audience can see what it actually was that was smashed/broken. This setting will be clear with food on the table with glasses one that was smashed. Then it will cut to the scene with her in the shower.
This is the angle that I will use to show the intruder walking up the stairs to make them look bigger and more intimidating they will do slow steps and have creaking noises. You will hear the shower go off and there will be dead silence while she gets her robe from the side of the shower and hides behind the door! The camera will follow him up the stairs when he gets to around half way.
Once I have followed them up the stairs it will cut to a shot of them walking up and all you will see is a black hoodie and no face. Then they will stand at the top of the stairs and just wait there for shot change.
This shot shows the shower this is where she will be for most of the opening it will show clips of her feet and her outline outside the curtain, all lights will be off except this bathroom light it will have her robe hanging next to the shower so it is easy to grab when she hears the gun shot.

This shot shows the bathroom again and she will be hiding under the sink area in order to protect herself after the gunshot is heard then it will cut to behind him at the shut door and you can see his stance then you hear her scream and it fades to black. 
This is a shot that may be used once she has been taken down the stairs and you see flashes of her being dragged out the front of the house she is unconscious so there is no struggle when being taken from the front, the front door is left open. 
This is just another shot that is used to show where she will be dragged also there will be patches of blood that will be left there once she has been dragged across this area. The setting will look exactly the same as it does here except it will be a lot darker.
This section will have flashing lights and will show clips of her being abducted. The in the shot below you will see where the van will be parked which is the vehicle used to take her and get away from the crime scene. 
This last shot shows the area where the van will be held and it will be just after the green, it will be shot at night so there will be pedestrians around at this time so it will be easier to film as well because it is as quiet area so the story will look more realistic. I was going to have the end scene as the husband coming home and seeing all the blood but what i feel would be best is to have this scene fade to black and as the title comes up it will have close ups of the broken object and have the camera shake when there are short clips of the action that happened but unseen.

I feel this location is the best option for me as it is a small quiet area so there will be no added interference with the camera in terms of sound or screams from local children in the area. Also the house that i am using is my Auntie's house so i know it well and i know what i can and cannot do in terms of using fake blood and smashing things in order to make it look realistic. I predict that filming this will work well because a lot of thought and planning has gone into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment